Flatten the Curve. We understand what this means. The number of cases of COVID are the highest since the beginning of the pandemic and there are significant concerns that the hospitals will be overwhelmed. We also know that we are not exempt from the very real fear of community transmission in our Village. Together we have strength, together we provide support for one another and together we will weather this third wave.
The Stay-at-Home order currently in effect requires everyone to remain at home except for specified purposes, such as going to the grocery store or pharmacy, accessing health care services (including getting vaccinated), for outdoor exercise, or for work that cannot be done remotely.
Other restrictions include:
- Prohibit all outdoor social gatherings and organized public events, except for with members of the same household or one other person from outside that household who lives alone or a caregiver for any member of the household;
- Close all non-essential workplaces in the construction sector;
- Reduce capacity limits to 25 per cent in all retail settings where in-store shopping is permitted. This includes supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, indoor farmers’ markets, other stores that primarily sell food and pharmacies; and,
- Close all outdoor recreational amenities, such as golf courses, basketball courts, soccer fields, and playgrounds with limited exceptions. Lockwood Park will remain open for the walking path only.
- Weddings, funerals, and religious services, rites or ceremonies restricted to 10 people indoors or outdoors
We can be part of the solution and help to flatten the curve. The public safety advice has not changed. Stay Home. Wash your hands frequently. Wear a Mask. Together – we will keep the safety blanket around our Village.