If you received your first dose of COVID-19 vaccine at the community clinic in WESTPORT on April 20, you will be automatically rebooked into the second dose clinic with an appointment on July 5 at the same time as your first dose . The Health Unit will attempt to notify all clients by email or phone to inform them of this change. Please share this information with others, particularly those who you know do not have internet.
Full media release from the Health Unit follows:
Media Release – LEEDS, GRENVILLE AND LANARK DISTRICT HEALTH UNIT
June 18, 2021
Vaccine Second Doses in LGL
Current Appointment Availability Status
We are pleased that the Province has announced more people are eligible to receive their second dose of vaccine as of Monday, June 21 and during the week of June 28. There are limited appointments available now in the fixed site clinics in Brockville, Almonte, Kemptville, and Smiths Falls while we wait for our allocation of vaccine for July. As soon as our supply is known, we will make more appointments available and advise the public.
The options for accessing vaccine locally are:
· Leeds, Grenville and Lanark online booking portal or Provincial Portal
· Add your name to the weekly contingency list
· Check for a participating pharmacy near you. Pharmacies may have either Pfizer or Moderna and offer first doses to 12+ and second doses to those who are eligible for them
· Call our local Leeds, Grenville, Lanark Booking Centre toll-free at 1-844-369-1234, open daily 8:30am to 4:00pm
Earlier Community Second Dose Vaccine Clinics
Individuals who received their first dose of mRNA vaccine at one of the special community clinics in towns across Leeds, Grenville and Lanark, will now be able to receive their second dose at the same location during the first two weeks of July.
What does this mean for residents?
If you received your first dose of COVID-19 vaccine at one of the community clinics listed below, you will be automatically rebooked into the second dose clinic with an appointment at the same time and same location as your first dose. The Health Unit will attempt to notify all clients by email or phone to inform them of this change.
|If you received your first dose at this community clinic:||Your second dose is now scheduled for the same time and location on this earlier date:|
|Westport – April 20||Westport – July 5|
|Elgin – April 27||Elgin – July 16|
|Carleton Place – May 7||Carleton Place – July 17|
|Prescott – May 11||Prescott – July 6|
|Athens – May 18||Athens – July 8|
|Perth – May 21||Perth – July 12|
|Gananoque – May 25||Gananoque – July 10|
|Lanark Village – June 11||Lanark Village – July 14|
What about residents who no longer require their second dose appointment at the community clinic?
· Kindly notify us by contacting the local Leeds, Grenville, Lanark Booking Centre toll-free at 1-844-369-1234, open daily 8:30am to 4:00pm. This will help make your cancelled appointment available for others to book
What about residents that cannot attend the new, rescheduled date at the community clinic?
· Contact the local Leeds, Grenville, Lanark Booking Centre toll-free at 1-844-369-1234, open daily 8:30am to 4:00pm, to reschedule your appointment
For more information about COVID-19 vaccine, visit https://healthunit.org/covid-19-vaccine/